Sunday, August 26, 2018

The Eagle Left, So I Ran Off My Sadness, Then an Eagle Flew Again. Ah, Frog.

Dear Eagle,

You sat in the corner on the Crandall chair and said goodbye to Glamis. Your words, "The Eagle's out." I stopped to get you apple cinnamon donuts and to put a couple of bucks in your pocket. You brought all your things downstairs and I thought, "Uh oh, I may have to drive to Syracuse, too." Ah, but Bellatrix LaStrange fit it all. She is going to be a good car to you - one you need as you finish out work at LeMoyne and head out of CT, away from internships, back to the grind of another semester.

We don't always see eye to eye. That's okay, because we come face to face to talk through what is bothering us. On the dry-erase board in the kitchen, I captured a quote from you, "Thanks for the Patriot's game gift" where I responded. "Patriots, a gift? Not as much as having a focused, gifted, intellectual, hard working, loyal, kind, studious, curious, appreciative, and loving son." 

You left and I walked into the house a little sad. Glamis was already by your door whining, so I let her in. She jumped on your bed, which you rarely allow, and I went for a run. I figured my sadness is easier when I sweat it out.

I came home and sat out back to cool off when my mom called. She was updating me on CNY life when I looked up to the sky and an eagle was circulating. Actually, it swooped into our back lawn, but I didn't have my camera ready, so I caught him in the sky.

We're used to butterfly, dragonfly and cardinal bird omens, but I was happy to see the bird above. Actually, that bird quickly was joined by another and they circulated above our home the entire time my mother talked. 

My little sister texted to see how I was doing. I said I went for a run and then I was going to take the kayak to the ocean to paddle for a little while. The water was choppy, but it was beautiful, so I went further than I usually do.

You know I hate when you leave, but I know it is best for your future, your independence, your mind, and your growth. You now have a Cuban bean recipe - things should be somewhat okay....at least you know how to make rice and beans. There's always Wegmans, and I shared my secret of stopping and Mimi and Papi's one night, Cynde and Mike's on another night, and Casey and Dave's on other nights. That way you'll be fed.

Glamis is still sulking. She will be this way for a while and I'm sure she'll return to her perch on the bay window looking for you to come home.

Truth is, I will be doing the same. My life is so much richer because of you in it. There aren't enough shoes or elephants to explain how important you've become to my world....our world.

Here's to you.

Dad/Frog/Bryan

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete