Tuesday, September 4, 2018

And Here I Am, Off to 41st Grade Today - One Would Think I Could Get a Break From School

It all began with Ms. Saladino (eat a salad, play with Fred Flinstone's Dino) in Clarks Mills (Westmoreland), New York. Soon after, North Syracuse Central Schools took care of me - 1st thru 12th grade - where I graduated as a Northstar in 1990.

Tassel turned, a move to Binghamton University and 4 years there studying literature and preparing for an independent life.

Immediately, I moved to University of Louisville to do a Masters, then stayed another two years to do another Masters, before I took a job teaching high school English. That lasted over a decade, then I knew I wanted to returned to school again...this time, for a doctorate at Syracuse University.

Before, however, I attended Bread Loaf School of English in Vermont and Santa Fe, studied at Cambridge University, had fun teaching in Denmark, and did a Fulbright Memorial in Tokyo, Japan.

This, of course, landed me to the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions at Fairfield University where I direct the Connecticut Writing Project and am able to invest in K-12 youth, undergraduates, graduate students, teachers and administrators.

This is my 41st year straight - without a pause - of being in school. I realize my role has switched a lot, but I am always learning, so it has been a constant journey.

41 fast years, with 22 years at the helm. You'd think I'd know something about something by now, but I feel I'm getting sillier and sillier every year.

Here's to the 2018-2019 school year (I'm still not finished with the 2017-2018 one, but that's the job of a NWP Director). We got this.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete