Monday, September 3, 2018

Supporting a Local Dance Team & Scoring a Piece of Art For Mt. Pleasant

A couple of summers ago, Chitunga and I toured the University of Louisville, stayed at the Galt House, and visited a lot of sites, including the Muhammad Ali Museum. While there, there was a print of Muhammad Ali that I wanted to buy, but I didn't want to pay the price nor did I want to travel back to Connecticut with it.

Yesterday, I found the same print returned to Kohl's in the Clearance section with a tag that said, "original print - online purchase" with all the right discount prices....like 190% discounted. I chose to use my Kohl's cash, and $10 off coupon to buy it, so now I have it.

I have no clue how this print ended up in a Kohl's online store nor why it ended up in the Stratford/Trumbull store, but I had to buy it. I can now go in Chitunga's room and have a smile on my face. A piece of Louisville is now on Mt. Pleasant and if he can't be here, well, at least Muhammad Ali's visual representation can.

And I wanted to wash my car and saw several girls from Bunnell High School waving placards for a car wash, so I stopped to give the Hulk a summer cleansing. Usually I miss the fundraiser at my local fire station, but they were there when I drove by, so I stopped in.

At first I sat in the car, but it was too hot so I got out to watch. I don't wish to make stereotypes or to give in to false notions, but these young women didn't have a clue how to wash a car. They kept getting the hose caught behind the wheel and one girl asked, "How do you get this thing to spray?"

Needless to say, I got out of the car to help them, especially with rubbing out some of the deceased bugs all over my hood. They acted like the were afraid to get any part of them wet and like they were scared to death of having to labor in such a way. I couldn't help but cock my head in wonder of how it is that they don't know how to wash a car. They won me over, however, when Bohemian Rhapsody came on the radio and they decided to sing the lyrics into the hose handle. It was a precious moment and I had to realize they were having a lot of fun.

Youth, as Shaw once said, is wasted on the young.

Ah, and today is labor day, so I will labor. I rearranged a lot of furniture last night knowing that the house will be without Chitunga, Abu, and Ali, and we're heading to the Fall season when I need my dining room and space for holiday gatherings. So, Abu's bed is now in Chitunga's room and I cleaned Ali's room, so now they'll be read for the Saugatuck Story Fest guests coming on October.

Phew. To say that these dates all blur together is an understatement. I can't fathom where time has gone or where it will go next. All I know is that Monday-Sunday, 365 days a year, it's all a tremendous blur.

And I'll enjoy every second I can have while I have it.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete