Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Best Friends: Glamis the Wonder and Jake the Zoolander Dogs

With the extra day off from work to, well, work, I was greeted with a visit from Glamis's best friend, Jake, as his home was being remodeled with new windows and sliding glass doors. The day was overcast and drizzly, like a visit to Niagara Falls, so I spent the majority of it writing, grading, and reading dossiers (a new responsibility that has come my way since I'm on the other side).

Note: While going up for tenure last year I was so immensely appreciative of any and all who wrote on my behalf. The process is grueling and in the exhaustion there's never enough time to truly thank all those that went the extra mile to write in support of you. My work over the last couple of days is paying it forward to all who wrote for my promotion. It is another unnamed service that doesn't get named until you're on the other side.

I did get a great run in and between the naps, the two monsters did go outside to wrestle and wear themselves out before cuddling again in the house. I have to say, sometimes when Jake sits and looks at you it is easy to get distracted. He is such a good looking dog and that one blue eye, a little creepy, but very magical, puts this regal element upon his head. He's also extremely well behaved and attentive. At one point, though, I should have filmed Glamis's bullish behavior as she was trying to play when he was napping and she grabbed him by the neck and pulled him across the four. 

Both dogs are 28 in their years, so I don't know why that is her play-of-choice. You'd think by this point they'd be having a couple of glasses of wine, stopping at Targets for a couple of items, then settling in to a sports program or something. 

Nope, It's all puppy play. Then sleep. Puppy play. Then sleep. And if Bryan gets up from his compute to go to the bathroom, it's trip Bryan on his way by walking in front of him, between him and under his feet until he's finished. Then puppy play and sleep.

Okay, Tuesday, although there are no students the agenda is thick, wide, and long. Here we go.

And we're off (insert Kentucky Derby horns here).

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete