Wednesday, October 10, 2018

In 24 Hours, Full Steam Ahead For @S_StoryFest and @HoopsAfrica with @CWPFairfield @FairfieldU

As I write this morning, my dog, Glamis, stares at me with eyes that say, "You never took me for a walk yesterday. This is not healthy for our relationship."

Her friend Jake was with her for the day, so she did run around again outside and have plenty of space in the house to play (sometimes, I believe home ownership is paying a mortgage so she has a castle all to herself).

Here's what I didn't accomplish yesterday and thought I would:
  • I didn't respond to 128 emails that came to me needing my attention,
  • I didn't grade the graduate student work I planned to,
  • I didn't eat lunch and failed to cook dinner, 
  • I didn't put together the gift bags for the writers that I planned to, 
  • I didn't clean my house for out-of-town guests,
  • I didn't mow my lawn, 
  • And I didn't walk my dog
I can take a breath, however, because my friend and teaching colleague Brynn Mandel sent me this photograph of a Connecticut Truck she saw in Cheshire with an UBUNTU license plate.

Then, when I talked with Coach Sydney Johnson about final plans, outside my window,two Monarch butterflies decided to pay me a visit - I took it as a sign.

What I Did Accomplish:
  • I did finish my opening for the Hoops Africa: Ubuntu Matters event, which was needed three days in advance,
  • I did get the photographs to the Quick that can be included in the program,
  • I did get the set-up arrangements for tables, 
  • I did check on catering, 
  • I did put up lawn signs for the event around campus,
  • I did submit an $80,000 grant for potential programs beginning next year (gotta dream, right?)
  • I did get items for the gift bags I intend to stuff,
  • I did work miracles with converting a jpeg into a vector and high ppi resolution, by finding the perfect human being to help me at the last minute in order to get the right banner pull-up to for the Saugatuck StoryFest events, with 30 seconds to spare,
  • I did attend the last meeting for the Saugautuck Story Festival where all personnel and volunteers were instructed,
  • I did edit the writing of a few who will also be presenting at these events, 
  • I did edit a piece for a colleague who is writing about CWP's influence on his work, 
  • I did get gas,
  • I did confirm that the film producer has already arrived to Connecticut,
  • I did make copies for some of what is needed, 
  • and I did have a glass of bourbon to calm my nerves before I went to bed.
Okay, Wednesday...you have work with 21 undergrads and 200 middle schoolers from 11-1:30 today, then you can get back to the film for Fairfield University and the writers coming to Saugatuck. 

I hope this doesn't sound like complaining, because I am absolutely enthralled with having the opportunity to work with such amazing people. 

And Glamis, I promise you - your time is coming. You only missed 1 day. You'll get over it.

2 comments:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete