Wednesday, October 31, 2018

You Boo, Too - Ubuntu: Welcoming 8th Graders to @FairfieldU This Halloween

I'm feeling haunted. Actually, I did my job this weekend to prepare for middle schoolers to be on campus all day to work with my undergraduate students (and because it's Halloween, I went with the theme of YOU BOO, TOO! a pun on Ubuntu and the literacy community we've been trying to create with the school for the last few years.

That is the plan and fingers crossed it goes forward.

Last night, after returning from a graduate course, I went into panic mode. Why? Well, my computer crashed at the beginning of class and I had two think on my feet to be non-technological to advance the night's objectives with NO PRESENTATION to give.

Lucky, I got that going again.

When I came home, I was finalizing this morning workshop when the computer crashed again! It was down for 60 minutes and I thought, "Oh, No. This is the end."

Technology is scary. We're so reliant on it.

So, this Halloween, I'm praying for 24 hours so I can walk my machine to ITS and actually say, "That email I sent? I was serious. I can't live this way any longer.

Still, I'm excited about YOU BOO, TOO. The middle schoolers have been reading The Outsiders and Ghost so this will be a fun writing day of collaborating, philosophizing, and enjoying Fairfield University together. Oh, lord.

I just want to have a no-brainer night of handing out candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment