Thursday, November 1, 2018

Well, Hello, Golden-Crowned Kinglet. Glad To Be Introduced to You in Stratford

After working with 8th graders, I came home to prepare for trick or treaters, but knew I wanted to take Glamis on a long hike. It was unseasonably warm and the air was wonderful: crisp, fresh, and rejuvenating. Glamis and I got about a mile out when I thought a pinecone fell on my shoulder, but it was actually a bird with a yellow crown - a tiny little guy that I could curl into my palm if I wanted to - who bounced off of me and onto the dog.

If it wasn't a pinecone, I thought it was a bouncing ball. Nope, it was a bird.

The fellow then bobbled to the ground and begin scrounging for food. Glamis, curious as I was, stuck her nose down to sniff the feathered wonder and that lil' booger turned its head and sniffed Glamis's snout. Glamis licked it and then the bird when back to looking for insects. I thought, "it must be hurt, or maybe it has something mentally wrong with it."

Nope. He seemed content.

I came home to look into my Bird books (miss my Louisville Nature Center days) and identified the yellow capped nugget as a Golden-Crowned Kinglet. It's the first I've ever seen, and although their mating season is in Canada, they settle all over the northern United States during the winter. I guess he found his way to Stratford.

What cracked me up as I tried to be sure I had the right bird were the number of photos from others who captured the same. The bird landed on glasses of wine when sitting out back, they landed on hands and seemed to like to be stroked and cuddled, they even cuddled with other dogs. I'm guessing the friendliness is part of its species - if only more humans could learn from such jolly amiability.

It made my day, and was a great way to get over the hump.

And look at that! It's November.

2 comments:

  1. URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE! unbelievable. Am sorry for putting this on the net but I have to. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR.IFADE of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my wife who left me and the kids for almost six months within the space of two days after following all instructions given to me. I am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and I pray God almighty gives you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationships and marital problems like mine. For help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below.

     
    Email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com 
     
    WhatsApp Number: +2349060120490 OR +1(551) 333-5249.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone I'm Wayne Desmond
    Hi everyone I'm Wayne Desmond and am here to share the wonderful work Dr Believe did for me. After 5 years in marriage with my husband with 2 kids, my husband started acting weird and going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called Dr. Believe who help people with relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a love spell and within 48hours my husband came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with other ladies and his with me for good and for real. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: believelovespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +19713839183

    Here is my personal email: waynedesmond22@gmail.com if you wish to ask me anything



    ReplyDelete