Wednesday, November 14, 2018

And On This Wednesday, I Am Contemplating Fruit & Nut Bites. Um, Okay

Perhaps it's the latest craze to hit Fairfield County, but a graduate student brought a snack to share with the class (trying to stay healthy and on top of every-more-stressful lifestyles) called Fruit and Nut Bites. It was a packaged nugget of condensed something that tasted good and, well, offered a flavor, but not much substance.

That's what I had for dinner last night. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be filling, or healthy, or purposeful, but it is what is now being carried in snack-bags of my students.

I ate it, and felt like I was teased with 1/20th of a real fruit. I kept wondering, "What's the use of this? It took more calories to open the package than I actually consumed."

Onward. No clue. But onward.

Oka, Wednesday, there's just a 2.5 hour turbo course between you and packing and getting groceries and making sure Glamis has dog sitters and submitting a grant report and then resting for a 4-day stint in Houston.

Last night, when I went to bed, I simply shook my head to declare, "I'm exhausted."

Truth.

I'm exhausted.

For me, Fruit & Nut Bites are gelled nothingness. I need more. Oh, 21st century. What the hell was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment