Wednesday, June 13, 2018

A Tuesday in CNY Means The Clam Bar, But I'll Take the Weather, Too

It seemed rather silly to spend the day in the house behind a computer so I opted to spend part of the day outside rereading The Hate U Give, running 6 miles, and walking the dog 2. I was also coerced into vacuuming the pool for my father, which took me about two hours, because I wanted to make sure I vacuumed every corner of the pool (Glamis looked on with approval, as she's never found a need to be a deck dog or a pool hound. She'll watch from the lawn).

I also was able to participate in the Tuesday ritual of eating with the parental units at the Clam Bar. Nikki bypassed, but Dylan allowed me to invade is grand-parental territory and I followed the lead of how to react when Papi Butch goes table to table to talk to all the customers and offer chicken wings off his plate. I forgot how awesome their clam chowder is and although my seafood dish wasn't the usual caliber, I still can't complain. The Clam Bar is too much of a CNY ritual to have pit on one bad meal.

Later, Butch (my dad - son of a Butch) was
registered for a Cornhole tournament at Chubby's so Chitunga and I drove down to cheer him on (and treat him to a few beers and dinner).

It just occurred to me that lunch was at a bar and so was dinner, but I still can't consider Chubby's a real bar - it's a neighborhood barn that also serves ice cream, candy, and pizza (note, this photo is the Clam Bar, not Chubby's). Last night, they had a Cornhole tournament, in which my father and his partner lost all games but one. Chitunga and I were so inspired that we drove home to have a tournament of our own. He won 3 games to 1, although I had the rhythm at first and killed him. He cleaned my clock thereafter.

Today's forecast is the only one calling for rain, so it is likely to be a more nerd-centric production of academic shenanigans. It's all good (it counters the playfulness of yesterday).

But yesterday...that is what I love and cherish most in a CNY summer.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete