Tuesday, February 27, 2018

It's a Crandall Thing, I'm Still Trying To Understand (& I Have 46 Years of Trying)

On Sunday night, talking to Chitunga, he was wearing a t-shirt my parents got him for Christmas. I thought, "Wait, didn't they buy me one of those, too?" and sure enough, I found it in a pile of holiday gifts that I still haven't put away.

I decided to wear it yesterday, because it seemed pertinent.

In the last week, I scored over 40 writing portfolios (about 1,000 pages), edited 221 pieces of student writing for a publication of POW (over 200 pages), assessed over 100 poems for peace for the Poetry For Peace annual contest, and even traveled to Atlanta for the fancy chicken McNugget.

So on a Monday, with a road to good intentions, I was driven to achieve my daily goals when an opportunity presented itself to write a $1,000 grant that is due Wednesday. I had to scratch everything and put my focus at the opportunity. Why? Because, if funded, the money will go to kids and that's what I'm all about. I spent the day distracted to write a 10-page proposal, just for the chance...

...just for the chance...

and that is the dance, "It's a Crandall Thing (you wouldn't understand)." I love this shirt and I had to laugh when Chitunga had it on Sunday night, because part of my parental scoffing was that he needs to chill out from time to time to take a break. Yes, he went to a college party on Saturday - woot woot - but he's pretty hardworking the other 7 days a week. Everything I want to reprimand him for I have to say, "Guilty as charged."

I'm sure other Crandalls in our crew might not agree with what the "Crandall Thing" actually is, but for the two of us, it's pretty obvious.

I love my new shirt and know I could wear it every day (thanks Mom and Dad) because it summarizes it all (the 14 hour days, the travel, the constant projects and inability to chill out). Phew.

I looked at my calendar. Yes, I talked Chitunga into taking a short break during HIS spring break, and we will do this, but I looked at my spring break - the week that follows, and WHOA! I'm way overcommitted during my time off! Two states, 4 presentations, and political work. What was I thinking? Happy holiday to me!

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete