Friday, March 9, 2018

Made It! That's Most Important! Blue Skies! Palm Trees! Wind! And No Snow! Phew

Somehow, Some Way, the Great Whatever found a way to get us out of Connecticut after the storm and after the last couple of weeks that just were. We made it to Ft. Lauderdale and then did the 4.5 hour drive down to the Keys. Not sure what we we drove over, because the last few hours were in the dark.

Thrilled to visit with my Aunt and Uncle, to have food prepared for us, including homemade key lime pie and fresh guacamole, and we are sleeping with the windows open. Fresh air. No ice. No frigidity, and no snow.

I can't wait to wake up this morning to see the view: the skies, the creatures, the sand, and the ocean.

I had to laugh at how much more awesome Chitunga is over me, as a year ago, my aunt gave him a copy of WONDER, the book, and he brought her a copy of WONDER, the movie (which I haven't seen). Love that he thinks this way.

He retired before I did (same time as the 'tives, but I followed soon after. Long trip yesterday and definitely a very long February. I am looking forward to a couple of days of R & R. Hard to believe this actually came to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment