Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Fourth'd Time Off in July - The University is Closed, So No Work For Crandall. Happy Holiday!

I accomplished as much as I could at the University yesterday, knowing that tomorrow is a no-employee day and I can't get back until Thursday. More has been accomplished on the summer to-do list, including sorting the copies of Fresh Ink that were sent to me from Penquin-Random House yesterday.

We're rocking. one day at a time.

The kid, too, landed in Louisville and is set for Kentucky rendezvous and play time.

So this leaves this day, grills, a beach, hot temperatures and, lo and behold, my very own chicken clucking toy so I can be like Big Marvel and start a You Tube video.
Actually, Katelyn purchased us three chicken toys so we can harmonize them when we sing acoustically. I think they will be a tremendous hit at Walnut Beach and I can't wait to give them a try.

All we have to do is figure out how we can go beyond the two notes instrumentals that the chickens she ordered provide. Big Marvel is much more talented than we'll ever be (but we can try and I'm sure we'll make lots of friends along the way - actually, I'm still trying to see if Chitunga actually cracked a smile during our clucking fest last night after we ate at Chilis).

So here is a wish for everyone to have a cluckingly ridiculous 4th of July with safety, respect, poise, integrity and purpose. Look out for the doggies - they hate the noise and remember, too, that many in our nation arrived so they could escape bombs bursting in air (fireworks can be very traumatic for those with PTSD).

I often say this is one of my favorite holidays on paper, but my least favorite in how so many carry it out. I just hope for for people to go unharmed and to really think about the purpose of the event.

Of course, I'll be doing this with my chicken at the side.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete